Am I an attention whore?

Posted by G1lius On 6/17/2012 01:34:00 PM 0 comments

I think I am.
Which is pretty weird, because I'm likely one of the quietest persons you'll ever meet, if you do.
People that really, REALLY know me describe me as (very) assertive. People that only know me online likely do too, since I'm pretty outspoken when I got an opinion on something.
Introverted and assertive don't mix too often, but I guess it's possible, but then again, last night I went out wearing the pokerstars baret kinda hat (ps branding taken off) and a red and black striped pants (like this one http://stealherstyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/cher-lloyd-motel-red-black.jpg but for men) which is pretty 'out there'. I'm also writing this blogpost, actually crossposting it since my blogspot still ends up high on google, so that all seems pretty attentionwhore-like, which is kinda the definition of extraverted I guess.
I'm just a weird person I guess.

Anyway, I marked a couple of hands in my sessions lately, and the only time I come around to reviewing them is when I blog about it, so here we go.

(sorry 'bout the []'s)

[b]PokerStars - $3/$6 (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players[/b]

SB posts SB $1.00, BB posts BB $3.00

[b]Pre Flop:[/b] [i]($4.00)[/i] [b]Hero[/b] has 8:diamond: 8:heart:

[b]UTG[/b] calls $3.00, [color=red][b]Hero[/b] raises to $6.00[/color], [color=red]BTN raises to $9.00[/color], SB calls $8.00, [i]fold[/i], [b]UTG[/b] calls $6.00, [b]Hero[/b] calls $3.00
UTG and BTN are fishy unknowns, SB is decent over the small history I got with him.

[b]Flop:[/b] [i]($39.00, 4 players)[/i] 2:heart: 2:club: 8:club:
SB checks, [color=red][b]UTG[/b] bets $3.00[/color], [b]Hero[/b] calls $3.00, BTN calls $3.00, SB calls $3.00
This is pretty standard, trying to keep the other players in the pot.

[b]Turn:[/b] [i]($51.00, 4 players)[/i] 4:club:
SB checks, [color=red][b]UTG[/b] bets $6.00[/color], [b]Hero[/b] calls $6.00, BTN calls $6.00, [i]fold[/i]
This is the tough spot. UTG might have donked a flushdraw which got there, so I might be getting more action from him. There are still 2 players to act behind me though, do I really want to chase them out with the one-card flushdraw they might have? On the other hand, they might fold, and a river flushcard might scare UTG to bet his 2/8/pair, losing me a decent amount of bets. Also the A high flushdraw might call 2 bets on the turn anyway (and prolly should).

[b]River:[/b] [i]($69.00, 3 players)[/i] Q:heart:
[b]UTG[/b] checks, [color=red][b]Hero[/b] bets $6.00[/color], [i]fold[/i], [b]UTG[/b] calls $6.00
Cursed when utg checked, smiled when he showed his hand though.
Flopping the nuts and only getting 1 bet in on each street feels very weird and I really doubt my turnplay. As it turns out I prolly didn't lose any value, but we can't be result oriented.

[spoiler][b]Hero[/b] shows 8:diamond: 8:heart: (Full House, Eights full of Twos) (Pre 82%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%)
[b]UTG[/b] mucks 3:club: 3:heart: (Two Pair, Threes and Twos) (Pre 18%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)
[b]Hero[/b] wins $78.57[/spoiler]



[b]PokerStars - $3/$6 (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players[/b]

[b]Pre Flop:[/b] [i]($4.00)[/i] [b]Hero[/b] has K:club: A:heart:

[i]fold[/i], [i]fold[/i], [color=red][b]CO[/b] raises to $6.00[/color], [color=red][b]Hero[/b] raises to $9.00[/color], [i]fold[/i], [i]fold[/i], [b]CO[/b] calls $3.00

CO is a decent player. Standard play.

[b]Flop:[/b] [i]($22.00, 2 players)[/i] 8:club: K:diamond: T:club:
[b]CO[/b] checks, [color=red][b]Hero[/b] bets $3.00[/color], [color=red][b]CO[/b] raises to $6.00[/color], [b]Hero[/b] calls $3.00

call with intention to raise turn

[b]Turn:[/b] [i]($34.00, 2 players)[/i] J:spade:
[color=red][b]CO[/b] bets $6.00[/color], [b]Hero[/b] calls $6.00

pretty bad card, it made some straight draws and two pairs. I still have outs to improve so raise/folding isn't an option. If he has a draw he's might bluff the river anyway.

[b]River:[/b] [i]($46.00, 2 players)[/i] T:heart:
[color=red][b]CO[/b] bets $6.00[/color], [color=red][b]Hero[/b] raises to $12.00[/color], [b]CO[/b] calls $6.00
Here I raise with intend to fold if I get 3bet. The more I think about it though, the more I dislike it. He can have K8 ,9,Q. but also a lot 2 pair hands and the straight. Although a lot of player would check a T on the turn, it's surely still in his range.

[spoiler][b]Hero[/b] shows K:club: A:heart: (Two Pair, Kings and Tens) (Pre 65%, Flop 73%, Turn 80%)
[b]CO[/b] mucks J:diamond: Q:club: (Two Pair, Jacks and Tens) (Pre 35%, Flop 27%, Turn 20%)
[b]Hero[/b] wins $67.90
[/spoiler]


[b]PokerStars - $3/$6 (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players[/b]

[b]Pre Flop:[/b] [i]($4.00)[/i] [b]Hero[/b] has T:heart: T:spade:

[i]fold[/i], [i]fold[/i], [i]fold[/i], [color=red][b]BTN[/b] raises to $6.00[/color], [color=red][b]Hero[/b] raises to $9.00[/color], [color=red][b]BB[/b] raises to $12.00[/color], [b]BTN[/b] calls $6.00, [b]Hero[/b] calls $3.00

BTN is solid player, BB is fishy.

[b]Flop:[/b] [i]($36.00, 3 players)[/i] T:diamond: 6:spade: K:club:
[b]Hero[/b] checks, [color=red][b]BB[/b] bets $3.00[/color], [b]BTN[/b] calls $3.00, [color=red][b]Hero[/b] raises to $6.00[/color], [color=red][b]BB[/b] raises to $9.00[/color], [b]BTN[/b] calls $6.00, [color=red][b]Hero[/b] raises to $12.00[/color], [b]BB[/b] calls $3.00, [b]BTN[/b] calls $3.00

[b]Turn:[/b] [i]($72.00, 3 players)[/i] 2:club:
[color=red][b]Hero[/b] bets $6.00[/color], [b]BB[/b] calls $6.00, [b]BTN[/b] calls $6.00

[b]River:[/b] [i]($90.00, 3 players)[/i] 9:diamond:
[color=red][b]Hero[/b] bets $6.00[/color], [b]BB[/b] calls $6.00, [color=red][b]BTN[/b] raises to $12.00[/color], [i]fold[/i], [b]BB[/b] calls $6.00
I'm wondering if this is a spot to check/call or fold. It is very dodgy though. QJ is a very likely hand in BTN's range because there aren't a lot of combos left. With him calling the flop, I actually don't see any other hands really... So yeah, this is a good spot to check. BB is often going to bet his AK or AA so I can check/fold if btn 3-bets. If BB checks I just have to call since the pot is so big though.

[spoiler][b]BTN[/b] shows Q:spade: J:spade: (Straight, King High) (Pre 17%, Flop 28%, Turn 14%)
[b]BB[/b] shows A:heart: A:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 83%, Flop 72%, Turn 86%)
[b]BTN[/b] wins $117.00
[/spoiler]

Categories:

0 Responses "Am I an attention whore?"