It's that time of the month again :(

Posted by G1lius On 8/30/2012 06:33:00 PM 0 comments

The time where I realize I'm way to many vpp's short.
2500 to go is the verdict.
Maybe I should just do some epic grinding from now on, until I got that stupid supernova and I can play whenever I want and feel like.
That'll mean no more other stuff on my computer. No youtube, no forums, no facebook, no twitter, no news, ...
That'll mean playing 2/4 when there are no tables higher up. That'll mean playing when I really don't want to, when I feel tired, when it's so hard to keep focus.
That, while actually making some money and not go into 'just clicking buttons' mode.

It's so hard to keep it going. I can do 2500 vpp's in two days, yet I never really got past 20k hands a month. Those days where when I could just fire up any random 4-6 tables and have a 1.5BB/100 winrate.

I'll be making some daily blogposts IF I'll do it. To put the pressure on. The other way to go about it is to get some propbets, but since those have to involve some kinda winrate I don't feel like I'll ever get the right odds.

People have a natural drive to be lazy. We don't like to do stuff that's not rewarding in the short run. Our brains are not yet evolved enough to actually wanting to do stuff that we rationalize to be good for our long term future. Motivation is nothing magical, not something we have to find or seek. Motivation is just a reason why to do something. People we call motivated are just people who decide doing X is good for their future, and then proceed to just doing it.

Categories:

0 Responses "It's that time of the month again :("