The grinding ga... wait... what?

Posted by G1lius On 9/16/2012 08:39:00 PM 0 comments

I don't know what's worse as a fail-stamp so I'm not going to try and visualize how my week went.

After the first day while working I didn't get the hands in, which made me look at the numbers. Last week I played 4 hours a day on average and still didn't make my goal.which means I have to play more than 4 hours a day.
Given that working takes away, say 9 hours, that includes the whole waking up routine and lunch, sleeping takes away 8 hours, which means I have 7 hours left to do everything else. Which includes making dinner, eating, dishes, washing, shopping, etc. plus 4+ hours of poker.
Which is not impossible, but hard to manage. That left me kinda down, and led me to just stop trying to get the vpp's in.

One obstacle I really felt is my tiredness. I thought it would go over when I didn't eat a lot of (red) meat in a while, but when I go back to my standard eating patterns it just gets bad again. Right now I'm emptying out my freezer and when that's done I'm going week-day vegetarian for a month. I love eating meat, but if I feel significantly more energetic and fit after this month I'm just going to stay with it (but include chicken/turkey and fish). The week-day part is just so I don't have to be an ass when my friends want to grab a kebab, although I will take one with chicken. The key to eating and drinking healthy is just not to buy unhealthy stuff.
I'm likely going for some meat-like products that aren't meat, because since I don't like to eat, what I call 'rabbit-food', it's hard to not eat pasta all the time. There's been a lot of improvements in that department though. There's actually some stuff that tastes great, and I've just tried a couple of things while there's a lot more stuff available. There's this cheeseburger they have at colruyt which tastes better then any meat-burger if cooked right (I think I over baked it a couple of times whereafter it doesn't taste nearly as good).

You have to stay positive and make positive changes. Lately I feel a bit stuck, things don't move forward it seems. Maybe I'm just getting older, maybe I just feel the urge to get a girlfriend and start a family, although I'm still not a big fan of kids. If I compare myself with a year ago, I'm basically the same person, I have the same problems, mentally and physically. It's not yet a year since I moved on my own, I lived with my parents before that, however I feel like it didn't change me one bit. Maybe that's one of the things about being an introverted person, you spend a lot of time on your own anyway, something other people might be forced into when they go and live on their own.
Last time I challenged myself for something I hung up a piece of paper against my door saying "How badly do you want to succeed?" which did help. In risk of overdoing stuff I'll be hanging some stuff against my wall this evening. One of it is a "to done-list" as recommended by Hannah Hart (from My Drunk Kitchen), it's basically a to-do list, but with things you've already done that day. For one, it's more positive compared to a to-do list, because you can't fail it and you feel good about doing stuff you'd otherwise don't care about. For two, you kinda force yourself to do positive things, because you'd want to write some stuff down so you don't have an empty paper at the end of the day. Well, that's the theory. "How badly do you want to succeed" will make his comeback, because I still have to grind a bit this month. When my freezer is out of meat something along the lines of "Be awesome, eat healthy" will be there too. If somebody has a good idea of a one-liner to hang on my door, put it in the comments.
It's just too bad a paper with "forget about her" has to opposite effect.

As for my grinding plans, I'm "just" going to play towards 75k vpp's yearly this month, which is still 10k to go, but it'll bring me back on schedule for SN this year.

Categories:

0 Responses "The grinding ga... wait... what?"