It's a rainy day, but the sun will shine

Posted by G1lius On 7/03/2010 12:36:00 AM 1 comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_BAHdBHfJw&feature=related

I love that song for so many reasons. The text is pretty motivating, it's a nostalgic song, I grew up with this kinda music, and it's a nice beat, very good for running, I always use it on my walkman (the brand, not the old cassette thing) while running.

Anyhow, my point being, there's no point in looking behind, you can only change the future.

Yesterday I played one small session, and didn't play again because I was up, and I was happy about that. Only shows I'm not ready to play yet.
Today was just not the day to grind. It was 37°C outside in the shadow, warmest day of the year. Right now it's getting better and although I could play, and I actually want to play for a bit, I'm not going to. The longer the break the more I'll long for playing again I guess.

I will be reviewing my own sessions again this month. Something I haven't done in a while. If I really want to be better I'll have to work on it. Not just putting in the hands and thinking on the spot, but do some thinking later. Most highstakes pro's do it, so it'll be stupid to assume I don't need to do that.
If I find a microphone that actually works (the one on my laptop is so crappy you can't understand a word I'm saying) I'll try to give comments on my own game and record it. I'm more focussed and 'into' it if I'm actually doing it for "others" instead of just going over my session and view everything.
I'll likely release them on some dutchspeaking fora. Maybe not if there's too much questioning around it, but if I'm making it anyway, I might as well release it for other people to enjoy.

Once the temperature is somewhat decent I'll try and put the hours in as well. In summertime there's usually little work, so I'll be home pretty quickly from work normally.

Categories:

1 Response to "It's a rainy day, but the sun will shine"

  1. Puke says:

    A limit video would be pretty cool. Haven't seen any of those in a LONG while.