A hand

Posted by G1lius On 10/11/2010 12:12:00 AM 0 comments


One hand which I found pretty interesting.

UTG & BB are pretty huge fish, high vpip and showdown. BTN is a tag regular. UTG has a donkbet % of 25% and has something on the board if he does that.


  • Pre-Flop ($7, 6 players)Hero is UTG+1
  • c6 c7
UTG calls $5, Hero calls $5, 1 fold, BTN calls $5, 1 fold, BB checks

All three options are fine here I think. But since BB will not likely fold, and I need to hit to see a showdown I don't really like a raise all that much, so I decide to limp along with a suited connector.

  • Flop ($22, 4 players)
  • hJ dK dQ
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $5, 1 fold, BB folds, UTG calls $5

UTG doesn't bet. Since he always has something if he donkbets he likely has the thought: 'I bet if I have something, I check if I don't'. BTN limped along and has a range much like myself: small pocketpairs and suited connectors. The only hand that connected is T9s, all the rest will give up on this flop. So the only player I really need to worry about is BB who might try to check/raise, but since he just checked preflop he likely doesn't have a premium hand, so he sits with about the bottom 90% which does terrible on this flop obv.
So I bet out and expect to take it down.
  • Turn ($32, 2 players)
  • d4
UTG checks, Hero bets $10, UTG folds


surprisingly UTG called the flop. Since I really believe he'd bet a pair I put him on Ax or Tx, and since he could have a diamond that picks up more outs I'll have to 3 barrel (he might call with a gutshot anyway)
So I barrel and take it down on the turn.
  • Final Pot: $42
It's one of those hands that you could easily miss out on if you're not 100% focussed. Although the two fishy players are not super predictable, it's still a decent +EV spot. But often times you just see 67 on a KQJ flop 4-way and move on to the next hand.

Categories:

0 Responses "A hand"