I need to play better than this

Posted by G1lius On 6/03/2010 05:37:00 PM 0 comments

I'm not really in the habit of posting hands, because nobody really cares all that much about LHE I guess.

Either way, I instantly knew I was beat, and yet again, I call down.


PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, K

Hero raises, MP calls, Button calls, 1 fold, BB calls

Flop: (8.4 SB) 10, J, 7 (4 players)

BB checks, Hero bets, MP calls, Button raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, MP calls, Button caps, Hero calls, MP calls

Turn: (10.2 BB) 7 (3 players)

Hero bets, 1 fold, Button calls

River: (12.2 BB) 2 (2 players)

Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls

Total pot: $162 (16.2 BB) | Rake: $2

Results:

Button had Q, 8 (flush, Queen high).

Hero mucked K, K (two pair, Kings and sevens).

Outcome: Button won $160

So BTN is a standard regular player. No reads, which means he's not doing crazy stuff.
MP is a huge fish.
He coldcalls preflop, which is low pairs or connecting suited hands pretty much all the time.
Flop is pretty standard I think, I have the best hand often, and I might get MP to fold some gutshotlike draws.
BTN caps, which is surprising. He's in an excellent position to call, and raise the field on the turn. He could although be capping with a flushdraw for a free turn.
Therefor I chose to lead the turn. Once he just calls the turn, his range becomes very narrow. There's very little in his range that beats me. 98 that just calls because he's scared of JJ/TT is about the only hand I can think of.
The river makes the flush, and I'm hating life. His range is so many flushdraws, and I'm basically only beating JT here. Nontheless, I still bet, which is not that bad imo, because I can't really fold in such a big pot if I check, so I might just put the money in when I'm ahead too. But once I get raised, there's really nothing I beat.
If you're trying to make 1BB/100, it's these kinda spots that make or brake your winrate.

Categories:

0 Responses "I need to play better than this"