Cold rush biorhythm

Posted by G1lius On 11/16/2010 12:03:00 PM 0 comments



Cold Rush Biorhythm, sounds like a name of a band.
It's just the content of this blogpost though. Cold, because hey, it's pretty cold right now and it makes for a good song. The song is about vampires though so it's not that applicable, but hey, just enjoy the song. :)

Yesterday I played a FTOPS event. Namely the 216$ limit holdem event, which was a rush event. Overall I'm not that big of a fan of rushpoker as a concept, but it's here, and it's likely going to stay. I've played some microstakes limit cash at rush, and I do see why people like it. A tournament, and certainly a limit tournament, however seems like a bit too much. In order to really be successful in tournaments, you have to take as much edge as you can. Not only to play a game optimal strategy, but to take advantage of your opponents. This side is totally ignored in rush, since you can't build up reads.
If you play a game like limit for a 216$ buyin, the majority of the field knows how to play cards, and you can't figure out where the weak spots are. It simply becomes a game of who gets the best hands and the best flops. I believe edges are smaller in limit tournaments then no limit tournaments, so with a rush tournament I'd say there's only one winner, and that's full tilt.

I did take a nap yesterday in order to play that limit event (midnight CET, great job full tilt), and slept for about 7 to 8 hours after the tournament. I did play some full ring cashgames in the evening, and it felt great. Tables where not necessarily all that good, but I really felt good playing them. On top of that, I've could've played a long time. I only played for an hour and twenty minutes, but I had to help a friend of mine out with some things so I couldn't continue playing. I kinda felt a bit tired at around 23.40, so that would've been ideal to go to bed if I had to work in the morning. Giving me a 4.5h sleep, which should be enough since I got close to 3 hours of napping time. However, the tournament decided otherwise and I stayed up. I should keep the napping up, but I might have slept too long. A 3 hour nap is pretty ideal, but usually naps only take one sleepcycle (1.5h). We'll have to see how it works out. It would definitely help if I could keep it up.

Categories:

0 Responses "Cold rush biorhythm"