Up and down

Posted by G1lius On 11/18/2010 08:43:00 PM 0 comments

Just like poker, life has swings.
Interesting thing about napping for a couple of hours, is that you feel like it's a new day when you wake up.
Not only do I have no idea what day it is when I wake up in the morning...
I woke up this morning like this: Aahhrrgg, ain't it sunday? no, must be Saturday... wait wait... what... it's... Thursday... no... that can't... yeah... Jesus Christ it's only Thursday.. oh my god...
... but every time I wake up I've "reset" my mental state, which results in me feeling awesome at times, taking a nap/sleep and feeling a bit down, or the other way around.
I'm a bit emotional these days for certain reasons, and was pretty happy yesterday that I felt good and stable, while after my nap in the afternoon I feel cranky and weirdish. Kinda sucks I have my grinds scheduled in the evening. Totally don't want to play right now, and I wont.
On the positive side of things, I'm not really tired like I used to be at any time of day.
I've always been interested in sleep and what it does to a human. Some time ago I was searching a lot of information about polyphasic sleep, namely uberman and everyman (google it I you want to learn more), but stopped since I can't really do it myself due to my job. However, I'm still very amazed on how the body and sleep can be alternated in such ways. I might try to experiment with some things myself now. Not in a sleeping schedule way, but in a mental way. Since sleeping actually does "reset" the brain in a way, I might try if it actually has an effect on you if you force yourself to be happy when you wake up. For example doing some dancing right after you wake up. Since you wake up in a fairly neutral state of mind, that should be possible. Because if I think about it now, I really don't feel like dancing in the morning, but we'll see what happens.

Categories:

0 Responses "Up and down"